myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > New Members
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-06-2009
Regular

Unhappy Winegard Travelnet

Hi there!!
I am new and need information on the Travelnet system by Winegard. We have Verizon cell, Hughes-net satellite and At&T land line services. We live in the country so thats why all the different services. No TV, we just don't watch television except Netflix movies.
What I'm asking is if anyone has tried the Winegard system?? I'm told that we could eliminate the land line and Hughes so as to cut costs quite a bit. The big plus is to travel in the motor home and not have to go to a club house, (if near one) or depend on the kindness of strangers so to speak for internet, lol.
We know the Hughes 9000 will not work with Maxwell; read that thanks!
so plan to try the Winegard without installation to see if it works. It is expensive that's for sure, but would save us money in the long run.
If anyone has used it, please let me know. I would love some input.
Glo
Old 05-06-2009
Addicted to RVing

Welcome to MyRvParks forum.

Before you spend the money for "Winegard Travelnet", check into getting a "Verizon Air-card" being you already have Verizon Cell Phone service.

It would be a lot cheaper and you can add a router, external ant., and amplifier as needed. In other words make your own "Winegard Travelnet" and save a lot of money in the process.
Old 05-07-2009
Expert Camper

Just a note of interest, and yes it works as we signed up a few days ago with no problem from Verizon.
If you are a veteran and use Verizon telephone service, if you take your DD 214 (discharge) to any Verizon company store (not a franchise store), and ask for discount code #117818, you will get a 15% discount off your Verizon bill, before taxes.
It doesn't get any better than that.
Old 05-07-2009
Regular

Question DD-214 discount with Verizon

Are you saying 15% off our Verizon monthly bills or 15% off a purchase of a cell phone or another item or service?
Old 05-07-2009
Expert Camper

I don't understand why you would pay almost $2,000 or more for the TravelNet system when you can get an air card/USB modem (free with a 2-year contract), a router, an antenna, and an amplifier (which is what the TravelNet system consists of) for less than half that price!!!

Go to the experts at 3GStore.com to purchase all the equipment...they'll even set up your account (Verizon, Sprint) so that you'll receive a system ready to use.
Old 05-07-2009
Expert Camper

Quote:

DD-214 discount with Verizon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you saying 15% off our Verizon monthly bills or 15% off a purchase of a cell phone or another item or service?
15% off of the month bill.
They did say, if i remember correctly either 20 or 25 % off of any accessories.
It is still a good deal, plus you can go to any Verizon store, not a mall location.
Old 05-09-2009
Expert Camper

Default Verizon Discount

Thanks for the info. I contacted them via email. They emailed me the form and info. I printed it and filled out the form and scanned in my VA card and emailed it back.
So you can do it without going to a store.
Old 05-11-2009
Regular

Angry Verizon customer

I contacted Verizon the other day via LIVE CHAT. I was informed that this discount ONLY applies to cell phone service. I asked specifically about the land line and the internet services and their answer was "NO."
Old 05-12-2009
Expert Camper

Default Verizon Discount

That's better than no discount at all.