Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Check Email

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Dealer Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2010
Regular

Default Looking to trade New 5er & New truck

We have a new 2010 38' with 4 slides Coachman and a New 2009 Dodge Laramie 3500 Diesel with 8,000 miles on it but no one wants to trade or the dealers want both for almost nothing.
We would like to trade for a DP over 38' as we are full timing. Anyone have any sugestions on how or where to do this? Anyone want to trade?

Louie
Old 01-17-2010
Full Timer

My first thought is that with all that new equipment that you must be upside down with your purchase. What kind of deal are you looking for in a trade....not that I am interested, just wondering. I would think that any dealer will work something out with you but at a COST.

To make the best of your situation you might consider selling your assets privately, and then shopping for the DP that will suit your needs.
Old 01-19-2010
Full Timer

With a rig that new it probably depreciated about 1/2 when you drove it off the lot. It will be hard to get any dealer to give you what you want they will want to pay less than wholesale price for a trade. They are in business to make money after all. Your best bet would be to sell it outright like wagon said maybe take out a ad in one of the rv magazines or on craigs list.