myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Check Email

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Great Recipes & Outdoor BBQ Recipes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2009
Full Timer

Talking new idea for italian sausage

I always enjoy Italian sausage cooked on the grill on a hoagie bun smothered in onions and green peppers. In the past I always cooked the peppers and onions in a frying pan on the stovetop. New idea altough not a new concept. I julianne chopped the peppers and onions and sprinkled them with some oil and placed in a foil packet then put them on the grill with the sausages. MMMMMmmm good!!!! I have always cooked foil packet dinners but it just never occured to me to try this and save me washing a frying pan.
Old 06-20-2009
Explorer

Default another way to make sausage

I have yet another way to make sausage and peppers. I put all ingredients, sausage, peppers, onions, and a small jar of Ragu in the crock pot and let it go all day. The smell will be fantastic and when it's time to eat you will be ready!!
Marylou
Old 12-03-2011
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samandmary View Post
I have yet another way to make sausage and peppers. I put all ingredients, sausage, peppers, onions, and a small jar of Ragu in the crock pot and let it go all day. The smell will be fantastic and when it's time to eat you will be ready!!
Marylou
This would go great on top of a thick slice of fresh Italian bread as an open faced sandwich.
Old 04-09-2012
Full Timer

I've done this for years and easy relatively mess free way to make a good meal. I them carny food lol. When you go to the carnival they always have the ring of sausage on the grill and throw some peppers and onions on them. I make my own homemade sausage polish for christmas and easter, then just before camping season I make a batch of italian, breakfast sausage and brats. I can control the amount of fat and the quality of ingredients that way.