All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Check Email

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > RV Forums > Truck Campers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2008
Regular

Default truck campers

Hello All
Were new here too, been a member for a while but had never posted.
I have been looking at an older model "winnebego" truck camper, not even sure of the year. I am having trouble finding any info about these....we've never owned a truck camper so t will ALL be new to us....any sugestions or info...do's and or don't will be appreciated.....hope everybody has a great upcoming camping season.

God Bless
tnhappycamper
Old 02-17-2008
Addicted to RVing

tnhappycamper
Quote:
we've never owned a truck camper so t will ALL be new to us....any sugestions or info...do's and or don't will be appreciated
The things to look for in a truck camper are the same items as any other RV, they all have the same type of appliances, water leak problems etc.

Now you didn't mention how much RVing experience that you have had, so it makes it hard to determine exactly what information you are looking for.

Be sure to do a close inspection of every thing before buying, also make sure that your Truck will be able to handle the weight of the Camper, some of the older models were very heavy.

If you could be a little more specific with your questions, I am sure everyone will help answer them.
Old 03-21-2008
adventurerv

Default Truck Camper

Hello,
I am actually a truck camper dealer. What kind do you have?
Old 03-29-2008
Regular

Hello Everyone,
What type of truck campers do you all have?
I just got back from Cali and watched the Lance truck campers be made. Some interesting things I learned while I was up there.
Old 04-05-2008
Explorer

Thumbs up Own A Lance 820

We have a LANCE 820 on a 2001 Silverado 2500HD short bed with the deramax engine. We a spend a lot of time in the hills and in all seasons. It is a pretty tough unit and insulated well. Never have been cold. LANCE tunes their units pretty good to the available trucks on the market so the weight, center of gravity, etc matches the truck very well. Which pays off on the road. We have had it since 2004 and it look like new now.

DRALLTOP
Old 04-09-2008
Regular

Default Canadian power

We traveled the Alaska hiway four years ago. All campgrounds had 110 volt power. An awesome trip. Enjoy.
Old 04-09-2008
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dralltop View Post
Thanks eveyone for the warm wishes. Got a question? We are going up to Alaska in 09 (I promised my better half that I would take her the first year we retired) and we are driving up through Canada. Does the Parks and RV parks use 220 Volt or 110 Volt in Canada? I've got a generator and solar panels, but every once in a while we want to go full hook ups and I don't want to blow out my electric. Any info on this would be much apreciated.

Thanks

DRALLTOP (GDI)
We traveled to alaska four years ago and all the parks had 110 volts. Enjoy
Old 04-13-2008
Full Timer

i am the service tech for a truck camper dealer here in ne tn, and also do mobile service in the area as well. i am new to the truck campers, but like all campers/motorhomes etc i find they vary greatly in quality. i know that working on them means getting into small spaces! lol
steve sandidge
by an rver for the rver!
Old 04-22-2008
Explorer

Default Truck campin'

Hi, I (we) just joined myRVspace. We heard about it from a guy on rvpics.com. We have a long history of camping, including motorcycle touring and camping. Check out the IBMC First it was a series of tents, then we moved up to popup motorcycle campers!

Then we found and bought a used, Jayco popup, slide-in TC, put it on our old 1991 Chevy 2500 and headed out West! From then on, if the bike went, it was ON a trailer! LOL! What luxury! We were dry when it rained, warm when it was cold, cool when it was hot... and we could take that TC places where we wouldn't have gone on the MC!

Eventually, a gust of SD wind caught under the front of the lid and caused a lot of damage. Hubby fixed it up better than new and we sold it. Then we went looking for one with a bathroom! By that time we had a 1993 3500 dually, so when we found this used S & S, which we still keep around for those leisurely outings that we just can't take in the big 5er!

Oh, I forgot to mention that part. We're fulltimers now! With a big, quad slide 36'er and a home-made 'hauler' truck. But we still love the freedom of the TC! Even with 2 little dogs, we have been a lot of places! But, enough about us, for now! I still have a lot of reading to find out how some of ya'll manage to full time in your TCs! We've never tried it for more than a month at a time--and with DH's new line of work (pipeline construction) and the price of diesel fuel, we're seriously considering trying to survive in our S & S for months at a time! Tell me how you do it!