myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Check Email

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Woman to Woman: RV Sisterhood Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2008
Explorer

Hi tree...I am so happy to have read your post and those from the other solo girls. I often think I'm crazy for thinking about taking off fulltime on my own as do my grown children! I am 56, survived a painful divorce 2 yrs ago and figure I can travel for about 18 months-2 years and then I should think about getting a "job". There is always Workamping, but jobs on the road for singles are not as plentiful as those for couples. I have taken a short trip by myself but have a dog and a loaded gun so I usually felt pretty safe. There are a couple of great RV Clubs I've been looking into Rving Women and W.I.N.

Last edited by imnotlost2008 : 08-18-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-19-2009
Regular

Default Going it alone

Hope you have been enjoying travelling alone. I am 71 and just now starting
out from Florida on a trip to Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas.
Have no idea where I'll be staying or visiting, but just anxious for the
experience.
Old 10-15-2011
Regular

Thumbs up Alone...almost

Well I am on my own...sort of still have an eleven year old at home. We have a very small travel trailer. But it feels like I am alone. Whatever the loss life deals us, it takes some getting used to the shift in our life. Getting out on the road will be therapy and help get you intouch with the new "life" you have been thrown into. When my older children left home it was like the rug got pulled, suddenly everything was out of balance. But Rving is a way to meet so many new people. I have yet to meet any bad people and everyone I have met is so wonderful. But do get out and meet them as lonliness can set in all to easily.