Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Check Email

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > RV Forums > Pop Ups
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2007
Regular

Default First Pop-up

I got my first pop-up on May 4th. It's a Fleetwood Sedona. I was going camping on the 5th come whatever or high water. No high water but it was a balmy 25 degrees and winds of 45 mph. I slept in a light fleece sleeping bag due to the furnace keeping it about 60 degrees inside. We got three inches of snow and had white out conditions. I wanted to test the camper out in all kinds of conditions. I didn't expect that to happen in a one week period. I'm going out again tomorrow, one week later, and it is supposed to be 80 degrees and sunny. You just have to love springtime in the rockies. LOL Nice to know what my Sedona and furnace can handle.
Old 05-12-2007
Addicted to RVing

Congratulations on the new Pop Up. You now know that you can survive in the cold with it. Isn't RVing wonderful. Now you will have to let everyone know how it does in the warmer climate.
Old 05-14-2007
Adventurer

Hey there a62rambler! Congrats on the new pop-up! Glad your first time out with it went "well" (you stayed warm, dry etc). We used to own pop-up, camped many of cold nights, frost and rain but never snow. Anyway, now you know how well your pop-up is and you can face anything! Happy Camping.
Old 05-14-2007
Explorer

Send a message via AIM to stacyb Send a message via Yahoo to stacyb

Congrats on your popup. I know you will love it
Mackenzie(5)
Ryan(3)
2003 Starcraft Comet
1997 Chervolet 1500
Old 05-18-2008
Regular

Congrads I remember our first time out, it was about 30 degrees out and we could not get the heater working on our brand new 05 popup. We were ready to sleep in the truck for fear of freezing to death. Finally got it working and have had no problems since. OUrs keeps us nice and toasty. Have lots of fun next you will be needing A/C lol
Old 06-03-2008
Regular

Red face Newbie In Garretson Sd

Hello Everyone,yes Im A Newbie And We Need All The Camping Advise We Can Get.we Are Desperately Looking For A Popup At A Low Price,with Ac.we Are Going Out To Yellowstone And Dtower Next Month And Need Some Ideas.also Anyone Know Of Any Timeshare Tours We Can Stay At?thanks Kim
Old 06-03-2008
Addicted to RVing

whimmers "Kim"
First welcome to the forum, there's a lot very helpfull and knowledgeable people here.

Now as far as locating a POP-UP, try every source that you can, the classified ads located on this forum is one place to start, I would also recommend trying Craigs List, a lot of RV's are listed an sold on Craigs List.

NOTE: You will find that you will get more replies/informaion to your post if you make a new thread, instead of posting a question under a thread that is already started. Alot of people do not re-read threads for updates after they have read the orignal thread post.
Old 06-04-2008
Full Timer

Welcome to the forum whimmers
Contact local rv sites as well, some might know of what you seek. You can do an internet search as well.
I have found if you live in a warm region of the US then they usually sell most with AC if you live in a cold area of the US they sell most with furnace. And in some places you can find both. So good luck to ya.