Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Check Email

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Campground Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2008
Regular

Default Florida Campgrounds

I am planning to spend 3 months in Florida next winter. I would like to spend a month in each location. I have no preferance but would like to spend some time near Lakeland. Any suggestions? Is it hard to rent a sight for 1 month at a time and/or would it be better to stay the three months in the same location. Thanks
Old 01-09-2008
Adventurer

Wally, there's so many campgrounds in fl. Get out your Woodalls, find something that looks good to you, then post here with a specific campground, if anybody knows the camp they can give up a heads up, or down, lol. Most give a little discount for longer than 1 month.
Old 02-08-2008
Explorer

Florida has many State Parks with great campgrounds for RVs. Cost is very reasonable. Saint George Island is beautiful. Many do not have sewer hookup so you have to go dump station or ues a caddy. We are going for a month to Big Lagoon SP.
Old 03-14-2008
Explorer

Wally,
Which ever way yon go, you need to make the reservation now. I live in North Florida near Jacksonville and it is quite difficult for us to find campgrounds with vacancies In the winter time. Most Snowbirds have continuing reservations at their favorite parks from year to year.
Old 03-17-2008
Regular

Default Central Park of Haines City FL

Wally-- we were "in and out" visitors at this LARGE campground a week ago.

Chris Long is general Mgr.

Operation caters to long-term folks. Many of the sites have manufactured homes in place. Rented by the week/month. We visited one-- very nice. Renters said they could stay for a month cheaper than driving (and towing) to and from--paying the traditional site fees for a motorhome site.

We paid $26.50 per night.

Plenty of activities for long-termers. Excellent Club House. Everyone we met was friendly, interested in our hard-sided pop up.

This is a well-maintained and thoughtfully run place.

hobbyshopguy
Old 03-17-2008
Regular

Hi Wally,
Check out Lazydays. It is near Lakeland, just off I-4, closer to Tampa. Has all kinds of things going on but may be a bit pricey. We live in north Fl. If you want to know about a certain campground we can check it out for you just let us know the name. Is there a reason for Lakeland? Where else in Fl do you plan on visiting?
Old 03-18-2008
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrvers View Post
Florida has many State Parks with great campgrounds for RVs. Cost is very reasonable. Saint George Island is beautiful. Many do not have sewer hookup so you have to go dump station or ues a caddy. We are going for a month to Big Lagoon SP.
Hi,

I was just wondering, how long can you stay at Flordia's State Parks without moving?

-BC-
Old 03-18-2008
Explorer

Default Lenght of stay in Fla parks

Most campgrounds only allow a max of 14 days! Check out reserve america.com and that will let you know for sure max allowed stays in the state parks etc...
Old 07-28-2008
Regular

It is better to rent for three months at a time. For one thing is a little bit cheaper. If you are planning on staying in Florida for 3 or more months I would get my reservations in really fast. The parks fill up fast. There are a lot of nice places to stay around the Lakeland area.
Old 08-04-2008
Regular

Smile new resort

Wally,

There is a new luxury rv resort opening up in Orange Lake, FL; between Ocala and Gainseville, called Oakwater Village. I am not sure what there schedule is but you can see their website at www.OakwaterVillage.com. and see if they can accomodate you in any way.

bornfree