myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Campground Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2007
Regular

Unhappy question about how to rent my rv out....

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody can help me. We have a 5th wheel and we used to be full timers but have recently bought a home. We are not going to be using our rv as much now. I heard somewhere that I can rent out our rv to international vacationers or something like that. We are still making payments on our rv and right now the rent to store it is another addition to our monthly dues on the rv. Hope somebody can help me please. Thanks
Old 11-20-2007
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrusgirl View Post
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody can help me. We have a 5th wheel and we used to be full timers but have recently bought a home. We are not going to be using our rv as much now. I heard somewhere that I can rent out our rv to international vacationers or something like that. We are still making payments on our rv and right now the rent to store it is another addition to our monthly dues on the rv. Hope somebody can help me please. Thanks
I would look for someone to take over payments or sell it outright? If you want to get back into camping, buy new or used.
Old 11-20-2007
Regular

That's what were trying to do but it has been months since we advertized on rv trader and there is still no potential buyer. Also, I must warn people about that site sellamericasrvtrader.com because an agent called us a few months back and led us to believe there are a lot of buyers in their site but you have to pay $399 so they could advertize your rv in their site and supposedly they will market your rv but we have not heard from them since. We try to call them but we get no answer everytime. I think we were scammed.
Old 11-20-2007
Explorer

This has been discussed many times on other RV forums I belong to. The overall consensus is sell it ot let it set. If you rent or put it in a rental pool, most times you get a dirty, damaged rig back and the repairs/cleanup cost will run more that the rental fee collected.
Old 11-21-2007
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by corrusgirl View Post
That's what were trying to do but it has been months since we advertized on rv trader and there is still no potential buyer. Also, I must warn people about that site sellamericasrvtrader.com because an agent called us a few months back and led us to believe there are a lot of buyers in their site but you have to pay $399 so they could advertize your rv in their site and supposedly they will market your rv but we have not heard from them since. We try to call them but we get no answer everytime. I think we were scammed.
You paid the $399? How about a local dealer?
Old 11-21-2007
Addicted to RVing

corrusgirl
I would post a For Sale listing with pictures on every RV Forum that allows it, and then park the 5th wheel in a very high traffic area, (store parking lot, busy street etc), even if it means that you have to park it there in the morning and then move it back later in the day to storage, the more visual exposure you have, the better your chances of selling. (A lot of town's/cities have ordinances against parking vehicles for sale on the street/parking lots etc. so check your local laws first.)
If you have a dealer in your area that handles consignments, DO NOT sign a contract giving them exclusive right to sell for a given time period, make sure you have the right to remove the unit. REASON: There is a lot of dealers that will take your unit on consignment and use it as a means of drawing customers in, people interested in a used RV see the unit, stop and look, salesmen then direct them to new units, by pointing out every blemish that yours may have, "more money in there pocket" at your expense.