myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > General Camping Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2008
Regular

Default RV Length Restrictions

What are the restrictions on the length of RV's in Federal and State camp grounds. I would like to visit the Frderal Parks in the US and not be turned away.

Thanks
Rodger
Old 02-17-2008
Expert Camper

Default Federal/State regs

Just look up on the internet the State Park System of your choice or the Federal park system for individual guidelines...I know that the Federal Site has regulations by Park on their site.
Old 02-18-2008
Regular Camper

I don't have any prersonal experience with this, but was told that as long as we stayed under 40 Ft we would have better luck with the National Parks. The Maryland state parks are more like 30 ft.

Good luck with your travels.
Old 02-22-2008
Regular

Smile Restrictions

I think your best bet would be Woodalls or Trailer Life as they usually have the length restrictions. It has been my experience that 33-35' is the max in State and Nat'l Parks.
I would also check with particular campground you wish to visit.
Old 02-22-2008
Explorer

To my knowledge there is no Federal or State standard that you can count on. Each Park has its own limits. Also even though a park may have 40' sites, they may not be available when you get there. You need to call ahead or reserve ahead to be sure.
Old 02-23-2008
Regular

Smile national park rv lenghts

We were in Colorado in '06 and were going to Rocky Mountain National Park. We called Reserve America and were told they could not make a reservation for more than 35' (we are 37'), but were advised to call the park directly and ask for the ranger. If we could get their OK and call back with the rangers name, they could make the reservation. We were able to get in with no problem.
Old 02-23-2008
Expert Camper

They vary quite a bit from park to park, sometimes within the same park, try this for starters.http://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm
Old 03-06-2008
Regular

We will be traveling out west this summer and hope to visit as many National Parks as possible. I printed out queries from Recreation.gov and ReserveAmerica that included our RV length. I made up file folders for each state we wish to visit to organize the stuff. I have also downloaded or had state park materials sent to us to us for even more information. We now know where we will fit and not. Also, great books are available from bookstores on the parks out west that include lots of information on the park--as well as campground amenities.
Old 03-10-2008
Regular

Default Additional question...

I am a total RV Noob (this is my first post) and I am looking for places to camp and seeing these restrictions say... 26 feet. Now we bought a 2007 26 foot bunkhouse travel trailer but the actual total length from rear bumper to hitch ball is 29 feet. Which do they mean?
Old 03-10-2008
Full Timer

Ever park has its own allowance because of roads or campgrounds. And it can involve entire length in some cases and just the rv length in others. Call in advance or go to http://www.nps.gov/findapark/index.htm and check at each park you are interesting it traveling too. Figure this too, you can always camp outside the park in an rv park and travel with your truck to see the sites. But look at it this way, an rv combo over 50 feet cannot travel thru Zion park due to the sharp winding roads. This is also true at Glacier. Some parks dont have camp sites longer than 40 feet and some dont have anything longer than 30 feet. Most all parks have a large parking lot at the visitor center where one can drop their rvs to tour a park with their trucks or toads. I hope that will help you some.