myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Repair and Maintenance Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2008
Regular

Question Re-wallpapering walls of camper???

Hey. We just bought a 32 ft 5th wheel Hitchhiker and some of the walls are damaged which I thought maybe I could just paint to cover it up but that looks terrible. Has anyone ever just re-wallpapered their camper? I'm sure it's pre-made particle board that they put up, just like wood paneling but I still think I could peel the top part off and wallpaper over it. You can tell I really don't know but I do have experience wallpapering so I think it could be done. Any ideas? They aren't like real bad damage just like nicks where maybe a chair hit and some places around the windows are peeling off. It's more things like that. Thanks.
Old 04-10-2008
Full Timer

I hate wallpaper but go for it, the worst that can happen is you can take it back off.
Old 04-11-2008
Regular

Default fixing marked up camper walls

I asked this question earlier but only got one reply. I know people have probably run into this problem before when they bought a used camper. What have you done in the past when buying a used camper? I'm going to ask again if anyone has ever tried wallpapering the walls of their camper or just took off what was on there and painted them. It's hard to tell what is on them now because I don't know if it is particle board that already has the paper on it or whether it is wallpapered. Maybe someone could tell me a website to go to that could help me out. Maybe some place that redo's old campers and resells them. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-11-2008
Full Timer

I stripped my cabover and painted it.
Old 04-12-2008
Regular

Default same

I think there is wood underneath the overcoat of wallpapaper. I.m going to strip it off, treat it and then wait a couple of days and wallpaper. I will make sure I prep/treat whats undermeath, ok. Thanks for your reply. I did think more people would have fixed up campers either before selling or after buying them. I was surprised!!!
Old 04-26-2008
Regular

Smile Border

I just took off border in our 5th wheel and put up my own. Some of the RVs come with wild decor. I wanted to add my own touch. I turned out great I just peeled off the old and put up new. I did not do any prep and it stuck great, better than in my home. LOL Hope this helps.
Old 05-07-2008
Regular Camper

Send a message via AIM to frank

We just did the border in our Winnebago. I took the old off-the wall board was not damaged and glued the new border on. We used prepasted border but bought and used border glue in a squeeze bottle with a roller.

I think you will find that the wall covering is glued to the wallboard and not easily removed.

I would just buy the wall paper and go to it. I would glue it on with wallpaper paste of at least border paste. Mainly because the walls are really exposed to all kinds of humidity changes and you might find that it comes off if not glued.

Have a ball and let us know how it comes out!!!

Enjoy!!!!
2007 Saturn Vue-Toad
Blue Ox-Hitch
Brake Buddy-Supp Braking
Life Member-Good Sam; FMCA; WIT