myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > General Camping Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2008
Explorer

Default staple foods for camper

We are getting ready to go on a trip in our t/c. Have had it parked since winter and took everything (food stuff) out of it, now I have to replace it. Just curious as to what food staples you folks find necessary. Hate getting to out of the way places and go to look for something and you don't have it.
I guess I need a list. It didn't seem to be a problem last year, now I'm not sure what to put in it. Guess I need to get started though. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 06-10-2008
Full Timer

Well depending on your planned trip, I used to make a list of all the meals we would have for up to a two week period and only bring what was necessary. Before that when I used to go every weekend and at least a few weeks in the summer, I used to carry duplicate of my spices at home and an assortment of groceries to last two weeks with just adding the refrigerator food and spoilable foods when we got ready to head out. I would inventory before each trip and rotate if I bought something to add and had something similar on board.
Old 06-10-2008
Regular Camper

I do the same thing utmtman does. I plan my menus before I leave, and take along what I need, to include flour, sugar, spices.

After every trip, I remove ALL food. Haven't had a mousie or other pest issue yet...... cross my fingers.

JJ
Old 06-10-2008
Expert Camper

Send a message via MSN to donnie

ID leave all non spoilable food stuff in the coach then recheck and stock what would be needed for the time your on the road.

Last edited by donnie : 06-11-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-11-2008
Full Timer

If you didn't have a problem last year, why would you have one this year. There's not any difference than what you do at home. If you run short, you go to a grocery store. (Walmart,etc)
Old 06-11-2008
Explorer

Thanks Murf.