myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > RV Forums > Class A Motorhomes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2008
Regular

Default Banks Power Systems

I seeking advice and/or comment from anyone with experience with Banks Power Systems used on Class A motorhomes. I currently have a 2006 Winnebago Adventurer with 8.1 GMC Vortec.

Sooner
Old 07-30-2008
Expert Camper

I have a 1996 34' Georgie Boy Cruise Master with the Ford 7.5 or 460 and the Banks Power Pack couldn't be happier.
Old 07-30-2008
Full Timer

I have the Banks system on my 34 foot National w/F-53 ford 460 and it works well for me, fuel economy and power were increased enough to make a "differance"
fixit
Old 07-31-2008
Regular

I have 1995 Cruise Master (35ft with 454 V8) and installed the BPP right after buying the coach in 2000. I am satisfied with the increased performance but can't verify any mileage improvement (not enough miles without and very different driving practices over the years). I don't know what you would find on the newer Vortec but would expect it wouldn't be as dramatic as we've seen on older coaches.

I will caution anyone on any coach - even at $4 per gallon it's nearly impossible to justify the cost from mpg increases. MH's average 5000 miles per year, at 7 mpg that's 715 gal. If the BPP increases that to 8 mpg (the improvement I get by slowing down 6-8 mpg on the Interstate) that's 625 gal. Figuring $4 per gallon you'll save $360 per year. At $2000 or more for the BPP installed it will take 5-1/2 years minimum to pay for the direct costs (an accountant would come up with an even longer payback).

Oh yes, I also like the neat sound so that makes it even better!

Jim in Des Moines
Old 08-13-2008
Explorer

I have a 2005 Georgetown 35' class A. I had the Banks installed at Lazy Days last year and I'm very glad I did. We are fulltimers and travel most of the year. The banks has provided me with optimum performance. I run with a Triton V-10. My gas milage has increase by 2.3 mpg so far. But frankly, If I was concerned with mpg, I wouldn't own MH.
Old 08-13-2008
Regular

I have been pleased with Banks products on several of my units. I installed their system on a 2000 38ft. Tro a Cal w/ Ford V10. No problems at all after 60000 miles. Currently have it on my Chevy 1 ton pulling a 38ft. 5th wheel.
Good Luck.
Old 08-14-2008
Explorer

Hi Sooner, not sure how much the Banks system would help on your 8.1, but there's a company, Brazel's RV performance thas specializes in enhancing power & performance of RV engines. Their site is: http://www.brazelsrv.com if you're interested.

On other forums I've read where, with reprogramming the 8.1's ECM folks are realizing better power and slightly better fuel mileage.

From what I've read, it works as good if not better than Banks system on the newer engines.

We have a 38' rig powered by the v10 and only because I got a steal on the Banks system I had it installed. There was a slight improvement in power when pulling grades.

Folks I've met who had the Banks installed on their 460 v8's tell me it really wakes them up and they run cooler.

Anyway, best of luck with whatever system you choose, Jim
Old 09-04-2008
Regular

Smile Banks power system

Sonner, I have a 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 39ft and I tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Keith at Redlands Truck Service reprogrammed the computer, regapped the spark plugs, installed heavy-duty spark leads, and installed a cold air kit. It increased the horse power from 340 hp to 420 hp. The only thing left is to install Banks headers. I have no problem getting up grades. It was a lot cheaper than installing a Banks Power Pack.
Old 10-20-2008
Regular

Smile brbnbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by milesnmiles View Post
Sonner, I have a 2007 Itasca Suncruiser 39ft and I tow a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Keith at Redlands Truck Service reprogrammed the computer, regapped the spark plugs, installed heavy-duty spark leads, and installed a cold air kit. It increased the horse power from 340 hp to 420 hp. The only thing left is to install Banks headers. I have no problem getting up grades. It was a lot cheaper than installing a Banks Power Pack.
Just signed up with rv space. I have a '91 Safari, 34 ft 460 gas. Had a Banks system installed a year ago. Can't tell about mileage but performance was increased greatly. The only problem I had with Banks was that they could not install the ram air system. Said there wasn't room. Power Pack cost was around $2,500.00.
Old 11-20-2008
Explorer

Default Banks Power Systems

I have a 1994 Pace Arrow with a Ford 460. The coach is 37 feet long.
Has anyone out there installed a Banks on one of these coaches and
if so, what were the results. Towing a Geo Tracker at 75 MPH, I only
get 5 MPG at this time without the Banks.