myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > General Camping Forums
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2008
Regular

Default bank repo of RV

Any ideas on the best way to let the bank have my rv back since I can't afford the payments any longer now that I have been forced to retire. I still owe $122K and about 15 yrs of payments of $1058.00

The real question is what hassles can I expect to go thru if I were to do this and what can the bank take of my other possessions.

Has anybody out there experienced that yet?
Old 08-02-2008
Adventurer

Default Reply

Emailme at runningbowline@aol.com. I will reply in private.
Gary
Old 08-08-2008
Explorer

Default rv repo

Has anyone else let their motorhome get repossessed? I am just wondering how you could get out of a jam.
Old 08-08-2008
Explorer

Several years ago I had some financial problems due to illness in the home. The mistake I made was NOT contacting my lending agency and trying to work out something we both coulkd live with. I told them to come and get it, which they did in the middle of the night. I had to discover who took it and had to make an appointment to retrieve my personal property. Between the damages done to the MH during the repo and the sale at auction, I still owed considerable for the MH. The damage to my credit report and the legal hassles over the remaining amount due was uncomfortable. They can not get anything from you except the MH and must bring suit in an attempt to get more ( my personal thoughts, not an attorny). Have you considered selling your MH for the amount you still owe and take the loss but keep your credit?
Old 08-08-2008
Explorer

Default rv repo

the problem being right now. Who wants to buy a motorhome. I'd love to be able to sell mine and walk away.
Old 08-10-2008
Explorer

Send a message via AIM to sederjerry Send a message via Yahoo to sederjerry
Talking your moterhome

what kind and how much
Old 08-10-2008
Explorer

Default motorhome

It's a 2004 Seabreeze lx. Mint condition for $72,000.00. I hate to sell it but, somehow the economy has won. Let me know if you'd like more info.
Old 08-10-2008
Adventurer

Unhappy Unhappy spouse

I always thought you could not do better (on a retired G.I.s income) than a Cat diesel on a Gillig chassis going through an Allison. Holiday Rambler made one in the early 90's on 38 and 40' Limiteds. Our caring for my wifes parents has about come to an end (her mom just passed and he is now 90) and I found a 40' Limited that had low milage and been cared for all the way back in Philidelphia (I am in OR.) We had one just like it when I worked for Holiday and we both loved it.

Well, long story short, I had a truck service center and a HR dealer give it a complete inspection and they gave it a clean bill of health. Only a few minor items that we could correct/upgrade. I flew back and drove it 3,000 miles home in six days. Now my bride had a new knee replaced and needs twin beds or an island bed. The 40' rig runs great with its 300 hp turbo Cat. Just had engine and transmission serviced.

I really hate to, but I need to get another rig with a couple slide outs, (one for the bed and easy access for her) even if it is smaller. Guess I need to find someone that wants my kind of rig and will work out some kind of trade. Do to limited funds, I'll probably have to keep what I have. Oh well, I will just dream about the new Prevosts and Newells...

Gary in OR
Serenity@myRVspace.com
Old 08-12-2008
Full Timer

Believe me when I say collection agencys think they are gods and in some cases they will try to take you to court for everything you own. They cannot touch disability pensions such as SSD or DAV. But they can put a freeze on your accounts at banks and can try to take away from you anything of value they can sell to get the money owed once they repo and sell a rig or give it away leaving you paying what ever is still owed. Try to work out something with them and clean out your rig and take it to the nearest office for them once you have it worked out rather than letting them come get it. Good luck to you all.
Old 08-18-2008
Adventurer

What make, model and year is your motor home. Maybe some one could take over the payments.