myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > RV park and Campground Owners/Managers
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2009
Adventurer

Default Tepetapan RV Park, Catemaco, Veracruz

After such a great winter season I would like to thank the hundreds who spent time in Catemaco, Veracruz, Mexico. Many were regulars since we opened 4 years ago and many new faces who enjoyed the area more than they expected. Any comments on the last season are welcome.
Old 04-08-2009
Full Timer

hey tepet,
just curious as to what route folks take to come down there? what with all the problems at and around the border, what is the best/safest way to get down there? also, what are your rates down there? are customs a problem, getting a motorhome or trailer into mexico? maybe next winter ....
steve sandidge
fix-ir rv service
bluff city tn
37' holiday rambler imperial
Old 04-08-2009
Adventurer

Catemaco is located on the Gulf Coast so entering in Texas...the McAllen or Brownsville area is the fastest way down. The bigger cities on the west coast have had their problems but, as usual, media hype has really blown it up. Actually things are pretty quiet there too lately...Mexico has captured a half dozen leaders in the past month and are changing laws to seize assets faster...something the US did back in the mafia days....get them where it hurts.
For first time mexico RVers, buy Mike and Terri Church´s guide book Camping in Mexico. The Rvers call it the "Bible" when traveling Mexico. They were in a couple weeks ago and said their new edition will be out in Sept. My account is it is the best money you will ever spend in Mexico, detailed routes, information on obtaining the visas need for the RV, etc..
For heading down along the Gulf Coast, get on Highway 180, known as the Gulf Coast Highway and away you go! One of the most common mistakes RVers make is to plan on driving too far in a day. The old timers plan 200 miles a day or less...stop for a few days every so often...and go on down the road. Myself, it takes at least 6 hours of driving into Mexico before you are really in "old" Mexico where the fun really starts.
Old 10-06-2009
Adventurer

We are fast approaching the new winter season here in Catemaco. We have trimmed the mango and allspice trees, as usual, and upgraded the wireless DSL internet. Here in Catemaco, Veracruz we usually have about a 5 month winter season, this summer we have had RVers with us almost everyday...some for months at a time. I have had to work around a few while doing some changes to the water and electric locations (a stable 130 volts, no problems with electric here).
Our yearly friends from up north write about every month and the ones from Canada are heading this way within the next couple weeks. One yearly amigo leaves Ontario the 10th and should be here in a month since they have a few stops along the way.
If you need any help with your winter travel plans...drop me a line.
gene
Old 10-18-2012
mtnlanding

Default what kind of software do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepetapan View Post
After such a great winter season I would like to thank the hundreds who spent time in Catemaco, Veracruz, Mexico. Many were regulars since we opened 4 years ago and many new faces who enjoyed the area more than they expected. Any comments on the last season are welcome.
Can you tell me what kind of software do you use for your place?