myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Repair and Maintenance Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2009
Explorer

Default slide out stuck

I have an '07 Keystone Springdale. The slideout is stuck in the in position. There were no noises or anything that would make me think anything was wrong. It is just making the clicking noise that you hear when the slide is either all the way in, or, all the way out.
Old 04-26-2009
Full Timer

Is your battery bully charged? Do you have a lock on it when its in to keep it from sliding out?
Old 04-26-2009
Full Timer

hey jason,
so yours is making a clicking noise, but will not move? that sounds like the clutch is what is making the noise. can you manuely crank it out? are the travel locks off or removed? is there anything that may have been caught against the slideout when it was brought in last? for more timely help come into the campfire chat and we will see what we can figure out. i will be in n out of there all day....especially this afternoon when the baseball game and the race are on tv.

hey lee, great minds think alike! lol

steve sandidge
37' holiday rambler imperial
Old 04-26-2009
Explorer

Default still stuck

batteries good and fully charged. No lock outs that I know of on this unit. Nothing in the way of slide when it was moved. I have no exprience with a slide out prior to this. I looked for a manual way of cranking it out but I couldn't get anything to move. There is one electric drive motor that is mounted adjacent to the rear track. It looks like it drives a jack screw that forces the slide out with the help of a connecting rod that turns and keeps the two sides in sync.
Old 04-26-2009
Full Timer

ok yes that is where the motor and gearbox are. when you press the extend button you are heaing the relay click. there may be a fuse that goes to the motor itself that could be bad. do y ou have any electrical expieriance? i may be able to talk ya thru it if ya do.
steve
Old 04-26-2009
Explorer

Default reply

I do not hear any sort of clicks or anything out of the ordinary. The unit is in the same spot that I have opened and closed the slide before. My wife closed the slide and wanted to reopen it right away. That is when it just started clicking as if it were all the way out already. And no, I really do not have any real experience w/ elctrical
Old 04-26-2009
Full Timer

go to your breaker panel/dc fuse box and check to see if there is like a 15 or 20 fuse for the slideout that is blown. thats where i'd start,
steve
Old 04-26-2009
Explorer

Default no fuse

I looked in panel and nothing is labled for slide. It seems it would have its own dedicated fuse(?).All the fuses are labelled.
Old 04-26-2009
Full Timer

yeah it should have its own fuse. it may be one that has 2 threaded posts with nuts over the wire lugs. it will take a meter to test that one, or a 12vdc test light. with out that you may not bable to find it.....by the way i am on campfire chat if you would like more immediate responces lol
steve
Old 04-27-2009
Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsharkey View Post
I do not hear any sort of clicks or anything out of the ordinary. The unit is in the same spot that I have opened and closed the slide before. My wife closed the slide and wanted to reopen it right away. That is when it just started clicking as if it were all the way out already. And no, I really do not have any real experience w/ elctrical
Did your wife close it past the stops? Try forcing it out by hand while she holds the button.