myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > What RVer's wish manufacturers knew... How RVer's wished their RV was built
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2007
Explorer

Cool twin beds

I am not very smart, but as much as a class c diesel cost, wonder why you can't order the floor plan you want. If I were a motor home manfucture I would see the buyer would get what he wanted. Do any of you know why
Old 04-09-2007
Regular

Default twin beds?

Are you wanting a floorplan that has twin beds?

I know you can get them in the Smaller class A Hurricanes (but they aren't diesel)

Look at older diesel bluebirds - many have twin beds
Old 05-24-2007
Adventurer

Arlington some Rv manufactuers will make minor changes for you but the option list could be $$$. Class Cs do not have that much room to make change especially twin beds. But it never hurts to ask if it can be done. There are Class As with twin beds try and find a used one they are out there. Also, 2007 Newmar has a midentry diesel with twin beds over the back bedroom. Good Luck!
Old 10-17-2007
Adventurer

What part of the country are you in? We have used a RV furnishings store in SW Washington for several midifications to our 5th wheel. One of the things they offerred was a conversion form our short queen to twin beds with an aisle in between. They do custom work and costs are reasonable.
I can provide contact info.
Old 03-22-2008
Regular

Default Twin Beds in a Class C Diesel

I sell RV's for a living. About a year ago I ordered a Dutchman with the Kodiak Chasis for a couple that included twin beds...They love their new unit and it meets their specific needs. I am not sure if this option will be available for any of the 08 floorplans, but will check with my manufacture's rep and post it later...they do offer bunk beds off the side of the hallway, in addition to a queen bed in the rear.
Will let you all know.
rvndoc
Bill
Old 06-05-2008
Expert Camper

My 87 Ford Freemdon Class C has a rear bedroom with twin beds...maybe they were more popular then than now????
Old 06-18-2008
Adventurer

Cool twin beds

When we had our 86 winnie, it was good, no beds, just dinette table and couch, and my wife just said we had one over head. So we wanted one with a bed. Than we learned that several units will have twin beds. So the huntwas on and it took us about a yearcto find it. Every dealer knew about them, and they could order them on a new one, but could not afford a new one, so the hunt continue. At last,in Ga.we found one at **** Gore RV. A 1994 Tioga,Fleetwood with twin beds 29' 460 ci
Old 08-22-2008
Adventurer

I have been in the industry for over 16 years and here is why its hard to find a twin bed RV.

They are not in demand like before

There resale value is much lower than the same model with a queen walk around.

Dealerships dont like taking them in on trade, if a unit has twin beds the dealership wants to price it to attract hunters. That way theres more beds for the guys to take hunting.

But in closing, I have a saying for things such as this. "I will make you happy, no matter how much it costs YOU" and the manufactures feel the same way. Any higher end manufactures will change things on a special order coach. Its your entry level mfg's that wont do it.

Hope this helps,
Rob