myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Campground Memberships
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2007
Regular

Default Thousand Trails vs Coast to Coast

What's the difference between Thousand Trails and Coast to Coast?
Old 02-22-2007
Regular

TT is a membership that has a limmited amount of park in the USA that you can use, C to C Is a add on that can be purchased with your TT which will tripple the amount of parks available to use. but buyier beware. read all the fine print rules and regulations.
I personally dont like C to C because I had it in the year 1984 left a very bitter taste in my mouth and wallet.
But there are others that love it.
Old 02-23-2007
Explorer

I use Pass Port America and never had a problem with it. $44 a year one weekend using it will pay for the due's
Old 02-23-2007
Regular

Default Thousand Trails vs Coast to Coast

I have been member of Thousand Trails, NACO, and Leisure Time Resorts sence 97 and have no complants. I also am a member of RPI, ROD, and the Elks Clubs Which hakes traveling very nice and low cost. Another fun way to rv is beening a host at a Oregon State Park.
Old 02-26-2007
Explorer

If you don't mind going to the same parks over and over again, staying for a couple of weeks and then moving on to the next one I suppose that a membership campground would make sense. If you want to travel where you want to travel (not just where a TT is) then you are better of with something like Passport America. You won't always get a discount but you will find one often enough to pay for the membership many times over.
Old 02-27-2007
Regular

Default TT

If you travel enough to justify the initiation and annual fee TT is worth the cost. Do the math to determine your cost per campsite stay. We like TT and have our cost per stay down to under 10 per night. The c-grounds are as a rule in good shape. C-C and Passport are great for transient travellers.
Old 03-01-2007
Regular

Default TT vs C 2 C

Didnt care for Coast to Coast, TT ok but limited. very good luck with Passport America!
Old 03-01-2007
Regular

Default c-c

I've been a c-c member for abt 8 yrs now. The one thing you have to remember is that: You must be a "paid-up" owner member of a qualified park that is affiliated with the c-c system. From that starting point, you are allowed to stay for up to two weeks(twice a year max) at another c-c park which must be located over 125 miles from your home port. Be careful here, because if you just stay for a weekend, that counts as one of the two allowed stays for the year. (HINT:Each private park is run differently.)
As for cost. At your home port, your cost may vary according to local expenses. Generally, you pay an annual fees and then, your good to go. C-C is an annual membership plus points system which you buy ahead of your planned trip. Usually, a point cost is around 8$ and, you want to buy enough for your travel. These are bought on the website from c-c and then entered into your account. You then redeem these points (one per night) to pay your parking fees at each of the park within the c-c system.
Old 03-01-2007
Adventurer

I belong to Thousand Trails as a Platnium membership, so use Thousand Trails and NACO as destination resorts sometimes, but use Coast to Coast, ROD, Passport America, and Resort Parks International as overnight stops enroute if there is one close by. Some of the RPI and C2C parks require that you pay for two nights, especially on weekends, so those are downers for me.
My C2C home resort was blown away during Hurricane Katrina on the Mississippi Gulfcoast, so have not been able to use it as a destination resort until it is rebuilt.
Happy Trails!
Leeman
Old 03-01-2007
Explorer

We are TT members and at one time coast to coast which we let go. We found with TT with RPI and ROD we have always been able to find a spot to plant our wheels.