myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > RV Forums > Class A Motorhomes
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2007
Explorer

Send a message via ICQ to wedfan Send a message via AIM to wedfan Send a message via Yahoo to wedfan
Default Holiday Rambler Owners

Hey is there any Holiday Rambler Owners out there?
Want to compare notes?
What to talk about any issues - Pros & Cons?
I'm an owner of a 2004 HR Ambassador Quad-Slide... Love the unit, the only complaint I've had thus far is the basement storage, the year after we purchased ours, they came out with the doors thzat open sideways... Isn't it always the way...
FMCA
Old 06-30-2007
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedfan View Post
Hey is there any Holiday Rambler Owners out there?
Want to compare notes?

I'm an owner of a 2004 HR Ambassador Quad-Slide... Love the unit, the only complaint I've had thus far is the basement storage, the year after we purchased ours, they came out with the doors thzat open sideways... Isn't it always the way...
Welcome to the forum wedfan!!

We also own a Holiday Rambler (99 37' Endeavor) and would be willing to swap with you if you're really all that unhappy.... LOL. I know that won't happen since our single slide also has the lift open compartment doors too, but keep us in mind if you do happen to relent :-)

The only complaint I have had is the fact that our unit has a hide-a-bed couch with a J-lounge opposite that on the curb side. I have wanted a recliner replacement and DW suggested we start looking around today. The first stop we found the perfect black leather euro-recliner and foot stool, when we got back to the campground and talked about the new chair with neighbors, they asked to buy the J-lounge and said they would remove it too. I should have gone to the river boat or played the lottery today!!!!!

We purchased our unit a little over 2 years ago and (knock on wood) have had absolutely no problems with it thus far. Considering we're full timing in it now, I am quite happy with the brand. Have you looked at joining a local chapter of HRRVC? We got a lot of information from chapter members as well as through the Pushers Chapter when we were members of that group.
Old 07-14-2007
Regular

Hi Webfan, We have a 2006 Holiday Ambassador. We got it last year and have tried to go somewhere every month since. We finally went on a two week trip from Carlsbad, CA to Nashville, TN to Mission, TX and back. I didn't have any mechanical problems. The only thing that happened was the SaniCon unit got jammed and I had to take the cover off the unit and turn the blade manually until it started on again.

We found only a couple of issues. On some roads the coach sounds like it is going to shake to pieces, but on smoother roads there is hardly a rattle. The other issue is the shower. The bracket holding the shower hose broke. I'm thinking about replacing the hose with a pipe or tube on which I can put a fixed shower head. I don't know if anything like this is available or not.
Take care and we look forward to hearing from you.
Ed N Shon
Old 07-31-2007
Explorer

Send a message via MSN to billshr
Default HR owners

Hi,
We have a 06 HR endeavor, quad slide 40', with the cumins 400 hp engine. We love it but have had a lot of small problems. The windshield broke two times in the right corner and they replaced it under warrenty. The no fuss flush valve in the black water flush area was not attached right so it leaked, they fixed it at a rally. The seal on the rear driver slide was leaking and they fixed that, the seal around one of the other slides came off and they fixed it, the level system is automatic and it had to be recalibrated. The holding tanks have been replaced and now they show empty all of the time, I have wrinkles in the celing beside the front air conditoner, the rear camera don't work, and they are looking for a fix for that, the right front camera has been replaced, the sun blind beside the driver needs replacement because it don't work, the rt. rear slide needs a new relay because it won't completely close all of the time,the sunlight over the shower has the tape coming off on the roof, the door needs adjustment on the front because it whisles all of the time, the electric hot water switch had to be replaced, the drain in the kitchen sink was put on with a split and it leaked and had to be replaced, we have some paint issues, and a few more issues. The good thing is they are either fixed or going to be fixed at an appointment in Oct. this year. The bad thing is I have been to the factory once and had some things fixed at two different rallys. The cost of fuel is high to run to the factory all of the time. The coach is comfortable and real easy to drive. Other than the little thinks we love it. Also the cumins engine has now a recall and I have to take it about 250 miles away to get it worked on next month.
Bill
Old 08-05-2007
Explorer

wedfan- I don't want to take over this thread but, would like to talk further to Bill.

BILL- i would like to talk further about your Endeavor. Im researching class A pushers and so far, I like the Holiday brand. Why with a almost brand new coach, is there so many problems ? Do these problems carry over to the other models and, to the older years ?
With our budget, I'm looking at years from 1996-2001.

Thanks wedfan/bill

Kevin
Old 08-19-2007
Regular

We purchased a 2003 HR Vacationer about a month ago (our 3rd Class A). The only thing is that the living room slide can go out too far. We have to watch it while it is moving out and stop it at the right place otherwise it might open too far and not want to close (happened once already). Dealer says they contacted HR about putting a stop on the track. They say they were told that you can't put a stop on it and that the owner (me) has to watch the slide while it is moving and stop it when it seals. Not a big problem to do, but I am curious if anyone else has heard of this.
Old 08-19-2007
Explorer

Wedfan.

We have an 07 HR Ambassador SKT, 40 foot diesel that we purchased in January.

Absolutely, the best built RV we have ever owned - and we have had a couple.

Floor plan has the kitchen up front with a mid wall TV - so you are not staring up over the drivers compartment to watch a movie.

We are very, very pleased with it.

2007 Ford Ranger 4X4 Automatic - Goes Where It's Toad!!
Old 08-20-2007
Regular

We have 2002 34ft Ambassador. It replaced our 1995 Brave. We love the DP. No more heat issues, and a lot quieter. We had some issues, but all been address, and have not impacted our travels.
Old 09-01-2007
Explorer

Send a message via MSN to billshr

Hi everyone,
Since my last post above, I was going down interstate 70 in Mo. and my eclipse awning made by carefree got caught in the wind and just blew almost off. It was flapping like a bird in the wind. The wind just mangled it. It appears the motor on it must have failed and allowed it to come out while going down the road. Kevin if you want to talk to me e-mail me off line. I think the Hr is still a great rig but everyone has to get the problems ironed out before they are great.
Old 09-04-2007
Regular

Webfan

We bought a 1999 HR Imperial about 18 months ago to replace our 1994 Newmar. We had looked at many motorhomes and none except the Imperial matched or exceeded the quality of the Newmar.

We have had a few problems with our Imperial but they have been taken care of by the dealer or while we were at the Monaco factory in Elkhart.

WE are fulltimers and have made many changes to the interior such as removing the 'J'Lounge, replacing the dining table with a computer station. We also replaced the TV's with flat screen digitals. This winter we plan to do some reupholstry on the couch. We would also like to put a euro-recliner onboard but have not found any at furniture stores yet.