myRVparks.com - A place for a family of friends. SignIn & SignUp
Bookmark Site | Help
All Here All Free
Home Campground Guide Members Free Classifieds RV Forums Campfire Chat Check Email Sign Up/Log In

Go Back   RV Forums - myRVparks.com > www.myRVplace.com > Repair and Maintenance Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2007
Explorer

Default Cost of replacing roof?

Trying to get an idea of how much it cost to replace an entire roof. We have a 2004 Prowler fifth wheel AX6 36.5'. We took it in to have slide awnings put on. While we were there they showed us where it looked like 2 pieces of board poking up on the front edge. It is not through the rubber roof but they said it could come through any time. It looked like to me a cross beam or something to that nature. Also on the back edge he said it looked like it had a limb scape and he couldn't tell iif the holes were all the way through or not.

My question is, does this warrant the whole thing being redone? I ordered the eternabond tape but my husband says he does not want to half___ do the job!

If we do have to do this, any idea how much it cost and any reputable people in the southeast.
Many many thanks in advance.
Betty
Old 07-30-2007
Regular

Default roof

We had a rubber roof put on 3 years ago on a 36 ft. Holiday Rambler
5th wheel. It cost us 6000 dollars.
Old 07-31-2007
Explorer

Oh my gosh!!!
Old 08-01-2007
Explorer

Hi, I would say that your roof replacement should be about 1.5 hrs per foot for the whole job. about 50 to 55 hrs labor for your trailer. Plus rubber roof and install kit. I have done quite a few and that is about average. Fleetwood only pays their dealers 1 hr per ft. under warranty.
Old 08-02-2007
Explorer

Thanks for the replys. Does it sound like I need a whole new roof. It's not under warrenty.
Thanks,
Betty
Old 08-05-2007
Regular Camper

Send a message via AIM to frank

There is another orute you can go. I redid a rubber roof two years ago using a liquid rubber that I applied. It took me 8 hours to do a 40' unit and it cost about $900.

The material eats into your present roof and forms a new layer that the company guarantees for 15 years.

You must first fix whatever subroof problems you have.

Go to: www.edpmcoatings .com and look at the information. It is truly a good fix and my roof looked like new when I finished. I have since traded the trailer for a 2007.

Good luck!!!!
2007 Saturn Vue-Toad
Blue Ox-Hitch
Brake Buddy-Supp Braking
Life Member-Good Sam; FMCA; WIT